There are two main areas to understand when it comes to payments:
- Ensure your payment account is set up to you can get paid for your bookings on time.
- Understand how payouts work to avoid any confusion about when you should expect to be paid
Setting Up Your Payments Account
When you first onboard with RVshare, you are asked to add details about your RV and payment preferences. This enables RVshare to publish your listing onto the site as quickly as possible. You must onboard to Stripe, RVshare’s payment processor, to get paid for your bookings.
RVshare partners with Stripe, a global payments platform to process payments. When you add your payout details, Stripe will ask you a few questions to verify your identity and add your bank information.
Understanding Your Payouts
A payout is a payment you receive from RVshare for each booking. There are several factors that are involved in payouts:
- Payouts for booked rentals are released on the first business day after the start of the reservation. This means that if the reservation begins on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the payout will not be released until Monday. Please keep in mind that if Monday is a holiday, your payout will not be released until Tuesday.
- It typically takes 1-2 business days for the funds to reach your account after they have been released, but we suggest waiting 5 business days to reach out, as bank processing times can vary. Sometimes your first payout can be delayed, but all payouts will process as normal after.
- If a reservation was canceled and you are still owed a payout in accordance with the cancellation policy, your payout will still be released, as scheduled, one business day after the rental would have begun.