There is a lot to learn and understand, so review this checklist to make sure you’re set up for success and ready for your first booking.
Click on each section for more information.
- Insurance – Renting your RV can be stressful, to make sure your renter has a safe trip confirm RVshare Insurance and Protection is activated on your listing. You can find this under Insurance and Protection within the View Listing section of the Dashboard It is also required to confirm your VIN number is correct on your listings. You can visit the listing tab in your dashboard to check.
- Calendar – Renters expect your calendar to be accurate and up to date. Being proactive and honoring bookings for available dates on your calendar is essential to maintaining good performance metrics. Please make sure your calendar is up to date with RV availability and personal availability.
- Rates – Pricing is one of the most important factors when customers are looking to book RVs. Check your area for similar units and price competitively or opt-in to Recommended Pricing and have RVshare set your rates. You can adjust your rates at any time so don’t feel locked into one rate.
- Getting Paid – To ensure you receive your payouts, make sure your payment account is set up ahead of your first booking. To create your payment account, please visit your dashboard and navigate to Payments > Payout Preferences.
- Creating a Great Listing– Your listing is your opportunity to market your RV. Let renters know what is special about your unit and the experience you provide. Add as much content as possible to give renters an understanding of the experience of renting your RV.
- Renter Cancellations – RVshare defaults your cancellation policy to Standard, but renters prefer flexibility. Take a few minutes to review your policy to ensure you have the right one selected for you. To review your Cancellation policy, navigate in your dashboard to Listings > Rules and Policies.
- Owner Cancellations – RVshare allows owners to cancel reservations but it does negatively impact your Performance Metrics and how you rank in renter’s search results. There are certain circumstances where cancellations will not affect your Performance Metrics but generally, canceling on a renter should be the last resort and rarely need to happen.
- ID Verification – When you receive your first message or booking request from a renter, you’ll be prompted to verify your ID via a message in your Inbox. ID verification helps RVshare check that you are who you say you are. This helps keep RVshare secure, fight against fraud, and much more.
- Departure and Return Forms – Prior to every reservation it is important to complete the Departure Form to document the condition of the RV before the renters take possession. At the end of every reservation, the Return Form must be completed and is used to document the post-trip condition of the RV as well as a charge for overages and post-trip fees. This is also where you will report damage to the RV. These forms can be found in the Reservation Details of each booking.